I'm over the moon with what I received, but I don't think I'd pay $16 for it. But for $12? It's very much worth the money. It's a box suitable for younger people, as it doesn't contain anything offensive, but it definitely is more of a niche box than most. The skeletons, bats, robots, ghosts, cats, and other figures depicted are cartoonish rather than scary. But all in all the aesthetic is pleasant. It's produced by a company called Evil Supply Co. which sells stationary, stickers, patches, cards, and other like goods in addition to the box. (What you find in the box is exclusive - you can't purchase it separately.) The March box theme was "Magic Gardens". (I missed the February vampire theme.) I am extremely pleased with the offerings for April, and am already eagerly awaiting the May box, even though it'll ship on the 25th of this month.
Here's a look at the loot...
- Blank Booklets (graveyard and deadly nightshade) - On the left you'll see two little white booklets. The top one is going to Dipper's daughter Phoebe, because I think she'll really dig the purple and graveyard theme. It's fairly small, but you can totally doodle in it or use it to write notes. The deadly nightshade one I'll keep for myself. Not sure what I'll use it for, but happy to have it all the same.
- Deadly Nightshade Stickers (x2) - Next to the graveyard booklet are two green stickers. They look like bottle labels and they say "Deadly Nightshade". Not sure what I'll use them for, but they're pretty cool just the same. Maybe when Dipper and I are out doing our yardsale shenanigans this summer we'll find some creepy bottles we can put them on and then display them.
- Rectangular Garden Patch - Next to the deadly nightshade stickers is the embroidered patch for the month. It features a walkway through a creepy garden. So. In. Love. No idea what I'm going to put it on, but it's freaking awesome!
- Purple Rose Stickers (x2) - These stickers are pretty cute - they feature a purple stylized rose. I'm giving these to Phoebe too. I think she'll really dig them.
- Blank Notecards (x2) - The top one features a walkway through a haunted garden to a haunted house. The other one has a skull, and I'm not quite sure what the other components of the pattern are. Still, not bad. And certainly for all occasions, or cute to frame.
- Art Print - Every box comes with an art print fitting the theme. This one says "Bloom in the Darkness", which is appropriate for me because I've been battling some dark times. It's funny how you find things that really speak to you in the strangest places, and at the best times.
- Zippered Pouch - Each month the goodies arrive in a screen printed, zippered pouch. This month's pouch features skulls, bones, ghosts, and plant parts. It's pretty cool. I have more pouches and bags than I know what to do with, so I'm giving this to Phoebe for her toys. Some of the toys nowadays come with tiny little accessories. It should make it easier for her to hold onto them. Or colored pencils. Or hair ties, or whatever she wants to use it for.
I will very happily continue to subscribe to this box. I think it's a steal for the price, even considering some of the items are better as gift items than things I'd keep for me. April's theme is "Bad Luck for Sale" and promises to be full of black cats and other familiars.